ZeroN- Levitated interaction element (video)
What if materials could defy gravity, so that we could leave them suspended in mid-air? ZeroN is is a metal ball, it levitates, in midair. A physical and digital interaction element that floats and moves in space by computer-controlled magnetic levitation.
Researcher Jinha Lee of the MIT media lab in collaboration with MIT center for bits and atoms, have created an interface that lets both you and a computer communicate through the manipulation of physical objects.
ZeroN can remember how it has been moved and when the users move and release it. Continues to float and starts to move along the same path, almost forever.
- See also:
- Images of Cocktails Under the Microscope
- Graphene could help unhide the Higgs Boson's secrets
- Earth got Gold and Platinum from Space (video)
- Speed of light broken again
- Scale of the Universe 2012
- IBM Battery 500 lithium-air battery
- Baby has been Cured of HIV
- Scientists can read what you're Dreaming
Our community on Facebook