NASA’s Aqua satellite is named for its ability to measure water vapor in the atmosphere, water in the oceans, as well as ice and snow. It was launched on May 4, 2002, and has been functioning perfectly for 10 years, providing us 29 million gigabytes of data. Image above: Two powerful storms in the South China Sea near the Philippines.
Get our daily news in your inbox
Join us on Facebook
- Guinness World Record for the farthest on HoverboardMay 22, 2015
- Zagato new Maserati MostroMay 22, 2015
- Bioconcrete can repair its own cracks with bacteriaMay 22, 2015
- New York Vs. San Francisco by Sarah CooperMay 22, 2015
- Bombardier Global 7000 luxury jetMay 22, 2015