The new driverless Tube for London, will deliver faster, features the first walk-through and air-cooled design on the Tube lines that are deep underground.
The new driverless Tube will for London’s Subway, will be introduced first on the Piccadilly line, followed by the Bakerloo, Central and Waterloo & City lines.
The train – designs features improved accessibility, with step free access from the platform as well as walk-through carriages and wider doors.
- 250 new Tube trains for the Bakerloo, Central, Piccadilly and Waterloo & City lines
- Walk-through carriages helping to ease extra demand at peak times
- Air-cooled carriages for a more comfortable journey
- More reliability as modern signalling systems will ensure fewer delays
- More capacity with a faster, more frequent service
- Improved accessibility with step-free access at platform level
PriestmanGoode’s design for the New Tube for London is inspired by contemporary London, its culture and architectural landmarks, and iconic British transport design.
Paul Priestman comments:
‘London’s Tube is one of the most iconic trains around the world. We are proud to have designed something that it is part of the very fabric of London life, celebrating all that’s great about London’s environment; cutting edge technology, rich history and diversity. The New Tube for London will take the city into the future by enriching the everyday journey of its passengers.’