The building has constantly been transformed over the last century with the installation of elevators in 1913, a wood and steel mezzanine in 1985, and new water and electric infrastructure in 1990. Today the building is in very bad condition and it is primarily used as retail space.
Mikolaj Scibisz from the Cracow University of Technology proposal, includes an organic free standing structure that would fill the interior of the building. The new structure is formally distinct from the original but it has been designed following the same rules and logics of organization. The composition, proportion, and rhythm derives from the original building to create a modern art gallery with big open areas to accommodate the appropriate contemporary artwork.