Samson the new generation ocean rowing boat, after 4 years of hard work, is ready to complete all on-water tests before beginning his Trans-Atlantic rowing expedition in May 2015. Watch the video…
Samson will travel from West to East with his dedicated crew to achieve something that’s never been done before.
- Departure: New York, USA.
- Arrival: Paris, France, 60-80 days later (depending on the weather).
- 3800 miles, no stopping, no external support. No engine, no sail, exclusively human powered rowing.
- Extremely difficult route choice from West to East.
- One-of-a-kind boat designed with racing technology and constructed from racing materials.
“I am Andras Bakos, an American businessman of Hungarian origin and father of a 6 year-old boy. With a background of a number of successful enterprises, strong international relations and 12 years of rowing, I feel there is nothing to wait for. I will row across the Atlantic!”
I will the first to get from New York to Paris, struggling with the wind and sea currents!
source Trans-Atlantic Rowing