If you cannot sleep try the 4-7-8 breathing technique that claims to help you sleep in one minute. Watch the video…
The human “biological clock.” Credit wikimedia
The 4-7-8 breathing method regulating your breathing to various counts of 4, 7 and 8, has been pioneered by Harvard-trained Dr Andrew Weil.
It lets oxygen better fill the lungs, relaxes muscles and calms the mind.
The 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise is utterly simple, takes almost no time, requires no equipment and can be done anywhere. Although you can do the exercise in any position, sit with your back straight while learning the exercise. Place the tip of your tongue against the ridge of tissue just behind your upper front teeth, and keep it there through the entire exercise. You will be exhaling through your mouth around your tongue; try pursing your lips slightly if this seems awkward.
1) Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
2) Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
3) Hold your breath for a count of seven.
4) Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight.
5) This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.