Tesla electric car maker unveiled Model X, the safest, fastest and most capable sport utility vehicle.
Images credit Tesla
The floor-mounted battery lowers the center of gravity so that the risk of rollover is about half that of any vehicle in its class. The battery structure strengthens Model X against side impact intrusions. And without a gasoline engine, the large front trunk acts as a giant impact-absorbing crumple zone.
It’s ludicrously fast, accelerating from zero to 60 miles per hour in as quick as 3.2 seconds.
- Falcon Wing rear doors with built in sensors, which automatically adjust to the optimal opening arc in confined spaces or small garages.
- Automatically deploying rear spoiler
- Maps and navigation with real time traffic updates
- Daytime running lights
- Power-folding and heated side mirrors
- Front trunk with room for luggage, strollers or two golf bags
- Full size rear cargo area for your gear
- Free long distance travel on Tesla’s expanding Supercharger network
- 8 year, infinite mile battery and drive unit warranty
- Automatic keyless entry, with automatically opening front doors
- GPS enabled Homelink
- Parking sensors, blind spot warning and side collision avoidance
- Automatic emergency braking to assist in avoiding collisions, even at highway speeds
- Seating for up to seven adults
- Four LATCH child seat attachments, two in each passenger row
source Tesla Model X